Any of you who have been following me for a while will have realized that I clearly have issues with schedules. Even those that are self-imposed. 🙂
But one reason that I haven’t posted much recently, or at least with any type of schedule, is that I haven’t been reading much this year. Or finishing the books I start, anyway. I have started so many more than I finished it’s not even funny. It has definitely been a year of unfinished books. However, I did have a few books that have been standouts so far this year. I wanted to list some for you. Some of these have already been on here but some are new, so this is really just an update on what I have already posted previously. I may do another similar post at the end of the year but I think December will mostly be devoted to Christmas.
As I said I have a few stand-out books so I am just going to make you a little list here of some of my favorites from this year so far and what I am currently reading.
- Daughter of the Moon Goddess – Sue Lynn Tan
- Currently reading the sequel and conclusion of the Duology/series Heart of the Sun Warrior
- The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea – Axie Oh
- The Inheritance Games – Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- I have #2 and #3 in the series but haven’t finished them yet. (See what I wrote above about that. lol) The second book is The Hawthorn Legacy and the third is The Final Gambit.
- Strike the Zither – Joan He
- I really enjoyed this one and look forward to the sequel.
- Wild Sign – Patricia Briggs
- Alpha and Omega #6 – Patricia Briggs is one of my all-time favorite authors and I love these two series. A must-read.
Ok, I think that’s a good list. It doesn’t cover everything, by any means, but it has some of the favorites that I’ve had throughout the year so far. One other addition that I hope to start before the end of the year is North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell published in 1855. I have seen the mini-series a couple of times and really enjoyed it but never read the book. Of course, this can be said about many books but this is one that I have thought about reading for a while.
As I said earlier, I may do another short post later in the month but not unless there are some drastic changes between now and then. Maybe I will get my reading mojo back soon. I hope to have a couple of Christmas posts out this month and so, on that note, I will see everyone later! Thanks for reading! 🙂